NC Baptist Men
Email to a Friend
Subscribe: Email, RSS
Posted on Sun, May 4, 2008
Focus on Needy Homes in Robeson County...Eddie and Martha Williams, coordinators from Gulfport, are coordinating the Missions Camp in Red Springs, NC. The NC Baptist Men are very excited about this facility and the opportunity to serve in Robeson and surrounding counties. Volunteers are needed! If you can help please keep reading!
The purpose is to help churches involve their members in missions. One of the ways you can do that is by using your skills and talents to rebuild homes and lives in the name of Jesus Christ. NCBM is coordinating the building of new homes and renovation of needy homes in and around Robeson County. In addition, some non-construction opportunities may be available on a case-by-case basis. Following is a description of what the NC Baptist Men will be doing and how you can be involved.
1. COST: TEAMS WILL BE CHARGED $15/DAY/PERSON
Fee covers supplemental insurance, room, and 3 meals. If staying overnight only (no meals) the cost is $5.00/night. If meals only then cost is $5.00 per meal. Room is dormitory style on bunks. Showers are provided. Age limit: 13+.
2. Volunteers are needed during the week. No work on Sundays. NCBM needs to know how many are coming and arrival/departure times.
Following are team dates:
May 20-24; May 27-31; June 3-7; June 10-14; June 16-21; June 23-28; June 30 – July 5; July 7-12; July 14-19; July 28-Aug. 2; Aug. 4-9; Aug. 11-16; Aug. 19-23; Aug. 26-30; Sept. 2-6; Sept. 9-13; Sept. 16-20; Sept. 23-27.
3. You will check in with the Coordinator upon arrival. Specific work assignments will be assigned to teams. Nature of the work: primarily construction, which may include new construction, rebuilding; replacing floors, electrical, sheetrock, plumbing, etc. Teams MUST bring their own tools and bedding.
1. Once you have put a team together, you need to notify the NCBM office as soon as possible by faxing the attached form (see link below) to 919.460.6329.
2. Be precise in the number of volunteers you report.
3. Age: 13 AND ABOVE. YOUTH GROUPS MUST HAVE A 1:4 RATIO OF ADULT TO YOUTH, AND AT LEAST 2 SKILLED CONSTRUCTION PEOPLE PER 10 YOUTH.
4. Please provide a fax number so that you can receive additional information timely manner.
Taken from an e-mail sent out on Wednesday, 4/30/08 by Gaylon Moss, Disaster Relief Director and Volunteerism Coordinator NC Baptist Men
NCBM Red Springs Form
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.